Friday, December 3, 2010

Co-teaching and expertise

I have had many opportunities to co-teach in Japan. It is always a challenge to adjust styles, but the end result usually comes out better than expected. Also there is the added benefit of professional development: As I and my colleague blend our ideas and expertise to fit the students we are teaching, I often wind up adding to my bag of tricks, and find myself growing through them. So, when I came across this brief article, it struck a consonant chord in me. I thought I might share it with the hope that others who have co-taught or team-taught before would contribute their experiences with this approach to teaching, too. 

http://www.gcnews.com/news/2010-12-03/School/High_School_Teachers_Share_CoTeaching_Approaches.html

No comments:

Post a Comment